17 February 2011

Does this Dolman make my arms look flabby?

I am in love with Dolman-sleeved tops right now.  I just happen to have goodish-enough proportions and have smallish-enough boobs that they don't make me look like I'm wearing a sack. Which is good because I think my love of the tops has a lot to do with my not liking how much I weigh right now.  They also make me think of bats.  I <3 bats!  They are so freakin' cute!  If I wasn't worried about rabies, I'd go out at night and try to catch one... but, I digress.

Does this make my arm-flaps look flappy?
So the purpose of my bringing this up, aside to brag that I have smallish-enough boobs to wear them and look goodish in the skinny jeans that one must wear with one's Dolman, is that my orders from Delia's came today, which included 3 Dolman-sleeved tops.  Yes yes yes yes, I just admitted I shop at Delia's.  I only ever buy their (her? I hate stores that have people names...) stuff if it's on sale, because there is no way that jersey knit top actually cost $40 for some child-slave in Indonesia to make.  I don't know if this is indicative of my body-image issues, but almost all of the stuff I got is too big.  Bizarrely, one of the XL's was perfect, while most of the other L's were huge
SO, I now have this stuff that I like that I bought on clearance, that is now sold out, but it's too big.  My conundrum is, do I say "bye-bye, the 30 seconds we spent together was fab, too bad I didn't get a medium." and send it back, OR do I wash them, hope they shrink and take them in on the sewing machine?
I know the correct answer is to kiss them bye and send them back.  But, but, but, but one of them is named after me!

Hm...

I dunno.

3 comments:

  1. I dislike this conundrum. Unfortunate. Sizing can be so freakin difficult when trying to find things that actually fit. One store is one size, another store is a different size, and sometimes in the same store you can be two or three different sizes depending on the style??... Sigh. Speaking of clothes -- my aunt gave me some socks for VDay. They are pink with cupcakes on them. Hideously awesome. I'll show them to you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It was acceptable in the 80's"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lar, I must see these socks!

    ReplyDelete