18 June 2011

Googling myself = stage name

It's a mixed blessing being the only person with my name in the world.  On one hand, I'm super easy to find on Facebook... if you can spell my name, that is.  On the other, I'm super easy to find on Facebook.  And google.  I've already had completely random people who've come to see shows I've been in friend me on Facebook, which is a little freaky.  If you google my name, one of the first things that comes up is my genological profile (after info on a show I was in five years ago), which is horrifying.  I don't mind having my name and my face out there, but holy shit, nobody needs to know where I was born and what my brother and sister's names are.
So, that said, I need to think of a stage name.  I have some projects coming up and the sooner I make the change, the better.

First names:
Emmeline - the real one.  Problem, most people don't pronounce it right and it's aggravating.
Emma - the nickname most people know me by.  Problem, just too many of "Emma"s out there.
Lena - sort of a nickname for my name (Emeline in German is pronounced emma-leena) that I've been thinking about a lot lately.

Last names are all family names because I'm not clever enough to come up with something on my own:
Conway - I don't know.  I don't think it quite flows right with anything.
Heim - While I feel closest to this one in terms of familial, um, feeling, the pronunciation thing is a bitch.
Arden - The Shakespeare reference is fitting, methinks.
Winter(s) - I don't have anything witty to say.  I just like it.
I would totally put Wilde on the list for funsies, but it's Olivia Wilde's stage-name and she's blicky.

Mix and match people! Mix and match!

No comments:

Post a Comment